Responsible for planning, organization and administration of nursing services to include staffing, training and development, communications and documentation to maintain quality patient care standards and advise medical staff, department heads, and the administrator in matters related to nursing services.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Manage and lead all nursing personnel operations.
- Develop short and long-term goals for the entire nursing department.
- Establish new policies and update existing policies to improve the standard of care for patients.
- Plan and oversee admission, nursing, and patient care processes.
- Maintain department budgets and record all expenses.
- Respond to any nursing-related issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with medical staff and other departments to ensure hospital efficiency.
- Oversee all record-keeping processes and ensure all necessary documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Hire and train new and current nursing staff members.
- Evaluate staff performance and prepare accurate reports detailing your findings.
- Oversee the maintenance of a clean hospital environment
- Ensure that hospital equipment and supplies are adequately maintained and economically utilized
- Periodic review and approvals of in-patients meals
- Execute and participate in community outreach programs
- Financial Responsibility:
- Participate in budget development with overall responsibility of the department’s budget
- Working Conditions:
- Works predominantly within a clinical and office
- 25% travel as required by the
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or a relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certified license from NMCN
Work experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as Head of Nursing or Deputy Head of Nursing in a standard hospital
- Post basic and administrative nursing position in reputable standard hospital is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of legal policies and regulations in the healthcare industry.
- Maintains ethical nursing standards
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.