The Head, Internal Audit has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit Department and its function. S/he is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the bank’s business and financial operations. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct a comprehensive program of internal audit for the bank to ensure that internal control systems support the reliability and integrity of financial, operational and information technology.
- Ensure that the controls in place are reviewed at appropriate intervals and effective recommendations are made for corrective actions as required.
- Establish goals and performance standards for subordinates.
- Formulate an annual audit plan and forward it to the Board Audit Committee for Approval.
- Direct the implementation of the annual audit plan, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by the Managing Director and Board Audit Committees.
- Issue periodic audit reports on a timely basis to the Board Audit Committee and the Managing Director summarizing the results of audit activities.
- Assist in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities and notify the Managing Director and the audit committee of the results.
- Develop, update and execute the implementation of the Internal Audit Charter as approved by the Board Audit Committee.
- Keep the Board Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and developments in systems auditing practices and make recommendations for necessary modification.
- Ensure that the Department exercises due professional care in carrying out audit assignments and also complies with sound audit principles and best practices.
- Rendition of relevant statutory returns and follow up with other department’s compliance with same as it relates to their departments.
- Ensuring that the IT Group comply with the CIA rule (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability) of the Data Centre and Application Data.
- Manage the process to track, follow up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
- Ensure that IT Change Management Procedure is maintained and where there are parameter changes/adjustments of core banking Application, Human Resource/Payroll Application and any additional core banking application standard reports designed during production must be reviewed and tested by the IT Auditors before a release is made to users.
- Work to ensure the effectiveness of information security and management system.
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Motivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet the bank expectations.
- Deal with performance issues, discipline as necessary and address poor standards, ensuring department targets and the bank satisfaction is not compromised.
- Build relationships with Heads of Department/Units across the bank to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the bank as a whole.
- Any other duty assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Accountancy. Professional Accounting/Banking Certification and an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in a reputable firm or company.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit.
- Managerial and leadership skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail.
- Salary Offer Very competitive and as obtainable in the industry.
- Address Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria