The Fleet Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company’s fleet of vehicles. He will ensure that all vehicles are properly maintained, staffed with qualified drivers, and used in a way that is safe and efficient. The Fleet Operations Manager may also be tasked with developing new ways to improve the company’s fleet operations. This might include coming up with new policies or procedures related to vehicle maintenance, driver training, fuel efficiency, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries.
- Deciding whether to lease or buy vehicles.
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
- Preferably Male.
- HND/BSc in Accounting, Logistics or in related field.
- 2-3 years of work experience in the Logistics industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail.
NGN250, 000 (gross monthly)