Our client is looking to hire the services of a female Chartered Accountant for the COO position for a Micro-Finance Bank.
She must have a blend of commercial and Microfinance banking experiences. The COO will optimize the company’s operating capabilities, employ strategies to maximize customer satisfaction, and manage marketing initiatives.
Reports to: CEO
Directly Supervises: Head of Departments
Contact Arising: Banks / Financial Institutions, Statutory / Regulatory bodies, MFI Clients ‘Finance Representatives’, Vendors.
Main Objective of the Job
- To design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures, set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, establish policies that promote company culture and vision to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth of the MFI.
- The job holder will direct, administer, and coordinate overall daily operations of the company and the work of executives including marketing, financial growth and development, sales, research, and personnel to be efficient, productive, and effective.
- The ideal candidate must have extensive experience within the banking industry, preferably a blend of experience from commercial and micro-finance banks.
- He must have an eye for numbers and be an entrepreneur in spirit.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities / Key Performance Areas
- Set comprehensive goals for the performance and growth of the MFI
- Design policies that promote company culture and vision of the MFI
- Develop and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures for the MFI
- Supervise daily operations of the MFI and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, and Finance, etc.)
- Direct employees to inspire maximum performance and commitment
- Conduct performance appraisal by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Generate and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Support CEO in fundraising schemes
- Take part in growth and development activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
- Manage dealings with partners/vendors
- Execution of Crucial Projects within a specified time frame.
- Make sure customer experience both internally and externally corresponds with service standards.
- In-depth analysis and interpretation of data and metrics.
Risk Assessment and Management:
- Responsible for the overall business risk assessment and management process of the organization.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization’s risk profile.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Leadership & People Development:
- Develop an excellent organization by actively supporting the development of individuals within the executive team through personnel development planning, coaching, and mentoring.
- Proactively manage the performance of the executive team towards the achievement of the organization’s business goals and objectives.
- Take a lead role on any changes required on processes and procedures and be able to drive and motivate the team in meeting set goals and objectives.
Relevant Skills, Qualification, Attributes & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- 15 years of relevant experience with a blend of Commercial and Microfinance expertise
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- A female with Robust organizational skills
- Consistently meets deadlines and evolving priorities.
- Communication skills.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Excellent interpersonal skills, skilled in Credit Analysis, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Corporate & retail Banking, Microfinance Banking, Executive Management, Business Development and Marketing, Strategic Management & Business Financial Planning.